In the process of planning the revisions detailed in part 3, I remembered that with my next brewery update, I had wanted to implement low oxygen brewing principles. This meant going back and adding a couple more design goals.
After a small tweak, I was able to get my idea of RIMS+loop to work basically as I envisioned it in a water test. A ball valve controlling the loop flow rate more linearly (compared to the butterfly valve used in my first revision) proved to be essential.
I’ve made some progress with the design changes I detailed in post 1 of this series. I was able to implement the design, but in testing, it failed to give me the result I was hoping for. It has informed a revised design that I hold hope for working, however.
I spent about 2 years using CraftBeerPi 3.0 as the software running my Raspberry Pi brewery controller. During this time I have written a handful of plugins to enhance or extend the functionality of the software.
I’ve been using a Raspberry Pi to control my brewery for awhile. I was growing tired of trying to arrange components and solder wires on prototyping boards every time I wanted to make a system change. Messy and not that fun. PCB design on the other hand could be perfected on a computer, and ordered/printed for cheap. They are also easy to share with others.